Friday, August 28, 2009

Summary

I guess for me the most important thing I learned was that there are all kinds of tools out there to really do exciting things. I also learned that I have a lot more to learn! And, perhaps, that I also knew more than I thought in the beginning. Knowing about the different options out there really helps me to be able to find and choose the best alternatives, in the best way possible. It helps me be more connected with the students I teach (because most of them will already know all this stuff!) and to plan in a broader way. Some of it will also help me same time.

The most challenging part was, initially, finding the time to do the work because I was working full time in Toronto, but since there was flexibility in the time lines that helped tremendously. The other thing that was challenging was staying focused on the task because I found myself going off and looking through other bit and pieces - which is all good - but again, chewed up time really quickly! I still feel I want to go back again in each of the areas and explore more. At least now I know where to go!

The self-directed model for this course was excellent because I could do it in my time and there were all the options for help built in, if needed. It made for a relaxing and interesting course.

This course definitely filled my expectations and I'm sure I'll be using lots of it as I go through this next year as a teacher-librarian. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking to increase their web understandings.

I really appreciate the humour, flexibility, and process, and would like to thank all those who were involved in causing this course to exist! You have done an amazing job at simplifying and clarifying all kinds of web 'stuff'. THANK YOU!

All the best to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment